Welcome
(Please do not click on the Donate button at the bottom of this page. Although we pay for this Forum, we are unable to remove it! Cheers, Steve P)

Nigel Baldy Burchell's Photos (Part II)

Photos and memories of
1st Queen's Boxing in Germany

Nigel Baldy Burchell's Photos (Part II)

Postby Webmaster » 04 Jan 2013 17:36

Photo 7 - Me and the belt i won the year before ! Why we didn't have any photo's after we won i don't know ! Does anyone have any ?
7 Lightwelter Belt.jpg

Photo 8 - Boxing for the Battalion !
8 Boxing for the Battalion.jpg

Photo 9 - I think i lost this one !
9 Think i lost this one .jpg

Photo 10 - Germany fight ( Werl ), Kirkes Quarter finals in 1979, just lost to Tin Tin ( Mac Macullam ) RIP Mac. I don't know if anyone remembers but i took the gym by surprise when i knocked him down,it didnt go as planned, i was told it silenced for a few seconds !! ( I remember Mick Potts was one of the judges ) Smashing fella was Mac, I used to see him after we left the army in Crawley and chat about it......boy you hit me hard !!! we did laugh . Real shame he has gone. Respected and always remembered !
10 Germany fight Quarter Finals just Lost.jpg

Photo 11 - One of our Battalion Boxing Fights.1982
11 One of our Battalion Boxing fights.PNG

Photo 12 - Presentation after the bouts ! Top to bottom, J Flemming, M Latter, R Challis, L McIntosh, M Holt, T Vennell, N Burchell, W Dalton, L Loblack.
Junior Depot Boxing Team 1978
With Barry Wilmot who later became our 1st Battalion Boxing Team Trainer !

A big thanks also to Dutch Holland who without his support and great boxing knowledge in those days we wouldn't have done half aswell !!!

I don't know if people understand how you take some experiences with you in life and how big effect it has on you ! It did me !
Many Thanks.
(Baldy Burchell)
12 Presentation after the bouts..jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Webmaster
Site Admin

Return to Battalion Boxing Days